What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. Our web server may collect information related to your visit to our website, including the IP address and domain used to access our website, the type and version of your browser, the website you came from to access our website, the page you entered and exited at, any website page that is viewed by that IP address and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website’s performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our website. In addition, we collect the personal information that you submit to our website, such as your name, address and any other contact or other information that you choose to provide by:
- using the “contact us” portion of this website;
- applying for a position through this website;
- by corresponding with a representative of ABP via e-mail using the hyperlinks created for that purpose;
- submitting a comment on a forum available on this website;
- making a purchase;
- registration to receive newsletters
Where you request information from us, we may use the e-mail address that you provide to send you information about offers on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have asked us to put you on an e-mail mailing list to provide you with certain information on a regular basis, or if we send you information about our offers on products and services by e-mail, you may ask us to remove you from the list at any time (using the unsubscribe instructions provided with each e-mail and on the site where you signed up).
When you visit the website, we may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of your computer to track your visit. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your hard drive through your web browser that can only be read by the website that placed the cookie on your hard drive. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows our website to identify you and to record your passwords and preferences. The cookie allows us to track your visit to the website so that we can better understand your use of our website so that we can customize and tailor the website to better meet your needs. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, on most web browsers you may change this setting to have your web browser either: (1) notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie; or (2) automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive.
What about Links to other Websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. ABP is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Why Do We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information?
The personal information collected is used and disclosed for our business purposes, including:
- to establish, maintain and manage business relations with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested;
- to be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services and so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- to be able to review the products and services that we obtain from you so that we may work with you and so that you may understand our requirements for such products and services;
- to obtain feedback from you on the web site
- to be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
- to enable our trade partners, advertisers and other interested parties to contact you directly to furnish you information about their products and services;
- to provide you with information and promotional material about ABP;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- as part of ABP’s regular reporting activities;
- to enable us to comply with applicable laws or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Your Consent is Important to Us
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may severely limit our ability to provide products or services to you. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
ABP endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural guards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These guards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Inquiries or Concerns?